Jarro de boca ancha con asa dobleNº Inventario:
Pasta de frita, incisa bajo vidriado turquesaDimensiones:
Height: 20.1 cm; width: 16.2 cm; diameter of mouth: 9.8 cm; diameter of base: 6.2 cm; handle height: 9.9 cm.Observaciones:
The neck is deeply incised with a broad band (6 cm) of floral (petal) and leaf scroll design, with a sharp ring or ridge at the bottom.
The carinated (ridged or angled) shape of the body is noteworthy and follows a metalwork model. The twin handle, with its two separate parts joined by five rectangular links and two knops or thumb-grips, is also distinctive.Estado:
Pronounced crazing on the upper body and some overall pitting.Bibliografía:
- Bahrami 1949, pl. XII (credit: Collection Mrs. Ata Bey Affifi).
- Froom 2008, cat. no. 19 (Asian Art Museum, Avery Brundage Collection, San Francisco, B60P1927: a sketchier scroll design on neck and paired handle with knops, turquoise glaze).
- Grube 1976, cat. no. 170 (Keir Collection, London: body less carinated, overglazepainted in luster).
- Grube 1994, cat. no. 179, (Khalili Collection, London, POT 727: similar body profile described as unusual; lightly incised scroll design, cobalt glaze. Grube gives additional comparanda and comments that other known surviving pieces lack the perfect balance of form and definition of profile of the Khalili piece).
- Ishiguro 1986, cat. no. 69 (Ishiguro Collection, Tokyo, E 30.65: white glaze with cobalt blue streaks).
- Mikami 1962-64, vol. I: color pl. 9 (Yoshitoshi Imagawa Collection, Konagawa: paired handle with knops, turquoise glaze); vol. II: monochrome fig. 99 (Hachiro Ninomiya Collection, Fukuoka: paired and linked handle with knops, blue glaze); vol. II: monochrome fig. 104 (Izumi Mikami Collection, Konagawa: cobalt blue glaze).
- Watson 2004, cat. no. L.12 (Al-Sabah Collection, Kuwait, LNS 850 C: much larger with similar scroll design on neck, turquoise glaze).